AISB Aquatics Center Project
AISB has launched the 2nd phase of its construction project that will see the completion of the following by October 2016.
- Two swimming pools
- A semi-Olympic pool suitable for swimming lessons for older children and appropriate for competitions
- A smaller pool suitable for younger children.
- Annexes to the pools
- Changing rooms
- Office for pool monitor
- Machine room
- Lounging and viewing area
The two swimming pools will have the following features:
- Large pool
- Length 25.0m
- Width 15.4m, suitable for six swim lanes
- Depth (water level) ranging from 1.0m to 1.8m
- Length 10.0m
- Width 6.0 m, suitable for two swim lanes
- Depth (water level) ranging from 0.8m has 1.5m
A changing room block with change rooms, showers, toilets and storage will have the following features.
- A total floor area of 64m2
- Separate men’s and women’s change room facilities, with
- Compartments of personal lockers
- Storage space for pool related equipment
MACHINE ROOM & OFFICE
The machine room of the swimming pool and the office of the monitor will have the following features:
- Two levels of 25m2 (5m x 5m)
- The half basement level houses the swimming pools’ machine room
- The ground floor level houses the office of the monitor with a private toilet
ARCHITECT & CONTRACTOR
The project has been designed and will be managed by the architectural firm of PYRAMIDION. The building contractor is ENTREPRISE AMIDOU KEITA (E.A.K.).
AISB capital funds
The project is contracted to be completed by October 7, 2016.