From the Director: Happy Holidays!
Dear Parents, Students, Faculty and Staff,
The winter break is almost here and I hope you take advantage of the time to rest, relax and celebrate with family. We had a big start to the year with our preparations for and then the hosting of a very successful accreditation visit. Of course there are many more exciting and important dates still to come. Here are some to keep in mind:
- Our annual Winter Show will take place on Wednesday, December 5th at 1:40pm in the MPR. There will be performances by students of all ages. Please join us.
- The last day of classes before the Winter Break - and the final day for this round of After School Activities - is Friday, December 14th. School will resume on Monday, January 7th.
- The second quarter (and first semester) ends January 25th, and high school students will be sitting semester exams and submitting term projects after the holiday. Exams run from January 22-25, and you can see the schedule here.
- The date of the PTO-AISB International Fair has not been finalized but will be some time in February. If you are heading home for the break don’t forget to pick up food and clothes that you will need for the Fair! If you know of anyone who would like to donate some nifty prizes for the tombola draw, please let the good folks of the PTO know (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Looking far ahead to the start of the 2019-20 school year, the first day of classes is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, August 20th. The calendar will be finalized at the January meeting of the AISB Board of Trustees.
- As one of its goals for 2018-19, the AISB Board of Trustees will be doing a review of the school’s Profile of Graduates (PoG). A multi-stakeholder session to consider the PoG will take place in January. Please contact me if you are interested in participating.
We wish you a happy and restful holiday.
See you at school,